Robert Triggs / Android Authority
We’re effectively previous the midway level of the 12 months, and our personal Rob Triggs thought it might be an excellent time to check the photographic capabilities of a few of the hottest telephones launched in 2021 to this point.
Rob in contrast a number of high-profile flagships accessible within the US, specifically the Samsung Galaxy S21 Extremely, OnePlus 9 Professional, Apple iPhone 12 Professional Max, and Sony Xperia 1 III. He felt that Samsung’s system was the “marginal” winner purely as a result of it didn’t have main weaknesses. We requested readers to choose the telephone that took the perfect pictures too, and right here’s the way you voted.
Which telephone takes the perfect photos?
We posted the ballot on July 31, and it acquired an enthusiastic response from Android Authority readers. Over 3,700 votes have been counted as of writing and the most well-liked decide was simply the Samsung Galaxy S21 Extremely, accruing nearly 46% of the vote. This implies the most well-liked reader’s decide is according to our personal winner.
Second place goes to the iPhone 12 Professional Max, with nearly 26% of respondents voting for Apple’s telephone. We thought it was fairly useful too, however took umbrage with the long-range zoom capabilities, HDR, and low mild efficiency.
Sony’s Xperia 1 III took the third step with simply over 15% of the vote, whereas the OnePlus 9 Professional rounded out the ballot with fourth place and nearly 13% of all votes.
- Ellio74: Personally, the Sony actually stood out for me, since Apple is left behind with their practically one 12 months outdated flagship, and the Samsung and OnePlus have extra notable flaws (colour accuracy, white stability or colour processing) when in search of what actually issues for me. Sony as soon as once more did an awesome job, they only want to enhance the entrance dealing with digicam state of affairs.
- Stephen Marcus: Wow. Thanks for the superb overview so fastidiously executed. I might love to purchase the Sony Xperia 1 iii however I believe I’m one iteration away, not due to the digicam (though the selfie and video are usually not that nice) however battery life. Battery life has been a difficulty with Pixels whose software program is the perfect. And battery life is a giant deal to me. Why can’t Sony supply higher administration of the show to increase battery life?
- Setebos: Oneplus 9 Professional Consumer right here (coming from Pixels which I like too however simply can’t put up with anymore in the meanwhile, the 6 Professional XL hopefully will change that) and I’ve to say that sadly the digicam is once more removed from good, I don’t see Oneplus’s software program to ever get to the purpose the place it may be pretty much as good as an iPhone or a Pixel. They simply suck at this explicit side.
- Lamar Taylor: I personal the iPhone 12 Professional Max and the GS21 Extremely as my enterprise telephone…this contest didn’t embrace video high quality. The iPhone 12 Professional Max destroys each Android telephone in that class. Since I exploit each telephones each day and journey steadily…in the true world they’re about even. The GS21 is a lot better at zooming in however that could be a function I exploit the least on a digicam.
- Victor Rumyantsev: There isn’t a manner that Xperia’s uninteresting, discolored, impartial photos, blown out skies and many others is what I see with my eyes. Critically Galaxy S21 pictures are a far more pure, nearer to actuality.
That’s it for the outcomes of our digicam shootout ballot. Thanks for voting and for leaving feedback. Are you stunned by these survey outcomes?