Luke Little / Android Authority
Whenever you assume “gaming keyboard,” a definite look in all probability involves thoughts: a flashy, angular design with vibrant, colourful lights, media keys, and a few fairly sweet-looking keys. In relation to searching for the proper match for you, nonetheless, the search is muddled by low-quality boards that vary from half-decent to plain dangerous. Right here, we’re going to interrupt down the huge panorama a bit and level out the perfect gaming keyboards we will discover, together with just a few honorable mentions which might be additionally price taking a look at.
See additionally: The most effective keyboards you should purchase
Shopping for the correct gaming keyboard on your wants
For starters, the overwhelming majority of gaming keyboards are mechanical. We suggest testing our full explainer on what meaning. Principally, these keyboards use switches with springs in them to supply a tactile really feel, extra journey distance, several types of noises, actuation distances, and so on. When you’re new to this, positively learn up first. Listed below are a few of the very fundamentals:
- Pink switches are quiet, not tactile, and require little or no power to actuate.
- Blue switches are loud, pretty tactile, and require extra power to actuate.
- Brown switches are much like crimson switches however with some tactility and little noise.
There are too many variations of those switches for us to cowl right here, however many are coated in our explainer. There are various producers of mechanical switches, however German firm Cherry is the largest and most mainstream, adopted by Kailh and Gateron, who supply wonderful options. Some accent firms like Razer and Logitech produce their very own superior switches as properly.
Mechanical keyboards use spring-bound switches to reinforce the expertise, create tactility, or make noise.
Moreover, the 2 most typical type elements are 104-key and tenkeyless (TKL) boards, with the latter merely omitting the ten-key/quantity pad. TKL boards save a ton of area on desks and supply a sleeker look, however if you happen to want the quantity pad, positively get a board that has one. There are additionally some smaller boards on the market, similar to 75% and 60% boards that may save much more area, however presumably at the price of key spacing, which might hinder the typing expertise in case your fingers aren’t that correct in your keyboard.
Lastly, options similar to media keys, USB passthrough, RGB, macro keys, and customizability are additionally into consideration. Clearly, you must get the keyboard that appears finest to you however make sure that it additionally suits the invoice for the options you need to have.
With out additional ado, let’s get into our record of the perfect gaming keyboards.
Luke Little / Android Authority
The most effective gaming keyboards
- Logitech G915: My private bias could also be exhibiting right here, as that is the one I take advantage of, however the G915 is a stellar gaming keyboard. I benefit from the subdued click on of the low-profile switches on this board, and the general clear and stable construct is difficult to beat.
- Razer BlackWidow Lite: This TKL board from Razer serves seems to be and is made with the corporate’s orange switches for silence and tactility.
- SteelSeries Apex Professional TKL: This keyboard is probably going much like the picture you consider once you hear “gaming keyboard”. With a tall construct, customizable RGB, and media keys, that is an all-rounder that’s properly price consideration.
- Roccat Vulcan TKL: The Vulcan TKL is constructed like a barely flashier G915. It has a steel high plate, tactile or linear switches, media keys, and shall be a pleasure to play on.
- Razer Huntsman V2 TKL: How may we make a listing of gaming keyboards with out together with Razer? This one’s hallmark is the blazing quick 8,000Hz polling fee, which signifies that the keyboard will reply to inputs quicker than the usual 1,000Hz keyboard. Eliminating latency is essential in fast-paced video games.
- Anne Professional 2 60%: That is essentially the most miniature gaming keyboard on the record, eliminating the cursor management keys to create a smaller footprint.
- ROG Claymore II: Perhaps you need the area financial savings of TKL however nonetheless want the quantity pad typically; Asus has you coated. The Claymore II keyboard has a detachable quantity pad, so you possibly can freely change between type elements and even place it on the left aspect for some further performance in video games.
- Logitech G213: That is Logitech’s finest finances gaming keyboard, palms down. It has all the pieces you’ll have to get going with gaming-grade efficiency, plus spill resistance as a result of all of us want a drink within the warmth of battle typically.
- Corsair K100: The K100 is constructed like a tank. That includes a brushed aluminum look, 44 zones of RGB lighting, and Corsair’s Axon processing tech, the one concern you’ll have is what to personalize first.
- HyperX Alloy Elite 2: HyperX is a reasonably well-known identify within the PC peripheral area. The Alloy Elite 2 has all the pieces you’d anticipate from a gaming keyboard, plus media keys and a USB passthrough.
Finest low-profile gaming keyboard: Logitech G915
The G915 gaming keyboard shouldn’t be an inexpensive keyboard, however this keyboard’s luxurious matches the value. Logitech provides this wi-fi board in clicky, linear, and tactile varieties, plus a wired model (that’s technically the G815), in addition to a white colorway.
I can personally attest to the grace of the clicky variant, as I take advantage of it day by day. I don’t usually take pleasure in clicky/blue switches; normally, they’re too loud for me and turn out to be distracting. Logitech’s switches, nonetheless, have a way more subdued click on sound but nonetheless supply that wonderful tactile really feel that comes with the territory.
Logitech G915 TKL Lightspeed Wi-fi RGB Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Lite
The Razer BlackWidow Lite is an attractive, minimal tackle the mechanical gaming keyboard. On model with its aesthetics, it additionally options Razer’s orange switches, that are made to be tactile but silent.
Moreover, it helps Razer Synapse for key customization and macros for shortcuts. The cable is removable so that you could pack it right into a bag a complete lot simpler. Razer additionally provides a black variant of this keyboard, although the way in which I see it, it doesn’t scratch the identical itch.
Razer Blackwidow Lite gaming keyboard
SteelSeries Apex Professional TKL
SteelSeries has garnered itself a fame over time with improbable headsets, gaming mice, and keyboards. The Apex Professional reveals precisely why that’s; the actuation distance of the optical switches on this keyboard is adjustable from 0.4mm to three.6mm. Having the ability to tweak that to your liking might be the distinction between a win and a loss, relying on how aggressive you’re.
That stuff apart, the Apex Professional has sensible RGB lighting, an OLED sensible show for notifications, keyboard settings, and extra, and features a wrist relaxation. That is one heck of a package deal.
SteelSeries Apex Professional TKL gaming keyboard
Roccat Vulcan TKL
Roccat’s Vulcan TKL gaming keyboard sports activities some fairly candy seems to be due to the low-profile switches and keycaps. It jogs my memory in some methods of Logitech’s G915 with its aluminum faceplate.
The removable cable additionally lends itself properly to portability. Roccat provides the Vulcan TKL in tactile or linear varieties to match your wants and options media buttons for quantity changes on the fly.
Roccat Vulcan TKL gaming keyboard
Razer Huntsman v2 TKL
Can’t have a listing of the perfect gaming keyboards with out mentioning Razer, am I proper, people? The Huntsman v2 options the identical name to fame because the Viper 8k: an 8,000Hz polling fee. Because of this your laptop will reply quicker to inputs on this keyboard than others, which ballot at 1,000Hz.
That apart, Razer features a wrist relaxation, removable cable, and sound dampeners on this board. It’s accessible in linear or clicky varieties and with non-compulsory totally different coloured keycap units to really personalize it to your liking.
Searching for extra mechanical goodness?: The most effective mechanical keyboards
Razer Huntsman v2 TKL gaming keyboard
Anne Professional 2 60%
A 60% keyboard is, you guessed it, about 60% of an ordinary 104-key keyboard. The Anne Professional 2 will get improbable critiques for what it does on this extremely compact type issue.
It’s a Bluetooth gaming keyboard that gives varied Kailh switches, USB-C charging, and as much as 4 paired gadgets. You can even allow a set of pseudo-arrow keys on this board, simply in case you want these again momentarily. This keyboard is made for journey, however avid gamers assessment the Professional 2 very properly.
Anne Professional 2 60% gaming keyboard
Asus ROG Claymore II
As this record of finest gaming keyboards transitions to full-size gaming keyboards, the Asus ROG Claymore II is ideal for this spot. As proven within the image above, not solely are you able to freely take away the quantity pad once you don’t want it, however you may as well place it on the left aspect of the keyboard for some accessible further buttons.
This modularity makes this essentially the most versatile gaming keyboard on this record. However that apart, it additionally options blue switches, wi-fi USB connectivity, quick charging, and a wrist relaxation, which we all the time like to see. Asus merchandise are identified to be high-quality, so the admittedly steep worth on this one will show price it.
Asus ROG Claymore II gaming keyboard
Some individuals don’t see a cause to spend greater than $100 on a gaming keyboard, and I discover that completely affordable. Logitech’s G213 is the corporate’s finest finances gaming keyboard. It options customizable RGB, spill-resistance, media controls, and membrane keys that Logitech claims really feel near tactile mechanical keys.
Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard
Whoever thought the bottom-center of the wrist relaxation was a fantastic place for a vertical brand was incorrect, however that apart, the aesthetics of the Corsair K100 are killer. It contains a brushed aluminum body with RGB not solely on the face but in addition across the edge, equipping it with a further 44 zones of customizable lighting.
It additionally has customizable macro keys, a 4,000Hz polling fee, and a 1mm actuation distance, making for some blazing quick response occasions. That is certainly one of Corsair’s flagship gaming keyboards, and it reveals.
Corsair K100 gaming keyboard
HyperX Alloy Elite 2
Kingston-owned HyperX has lengthy been identified to supply some nice gaming equipment to its prospects, and the Alloy Elite 2 is an instance of a kind of nice merchandise. The decision to fame on this board is the intense RGB lighting, with the corporate’s signature mild bar up high, beneath the media keys.
Whereas it will not be apparent from the images, the body of this board is definitely stable metal, serving to it keep in place whereas in use. It additionally conveniently has a USB pass-through port on the high, nice for connecting a wi-fi mouse.
HyperX Alloy Elite 2 gaming keyboard
That’s it for our record of the perfect gaming keyboards you should purchase, however there are various that we didn’t cowl. We additionally need to give a shoutout to the next gaming keyboards:
- Havit KB395L: I’ve used this one myself, and it’s shocking how on-par this board is with the Logitech G915 for the value. The Kailh blue switches really feel extremely near these of Logitech, and the steel faceplate tremendously enhances construct high quality.
- Razer Tartarus v2: This gaming keypad is a peculiar factor, and I’d suggest watching movies that element the way it works in use. We like to see expanded accessibility, so this can be a fairly cool accent for many who have a tough time utilizing commonplace keyboards and mice.
Full your setup with the proper equipment: