Google unveiled the Pixel 6a final week at its I/O developer convention, delivering a mid-range cellphone that’s powered by the identical Tensor processor seen within the Pixel 6 collection. Between this stage of horsepower, the strong battery measurement, Google’s software program and the IP67 ranking, there’s loads to love right here.
However, our personal Rob Triggs wrote an opinion publish suggesting that the Pixel 6a was nonetheless just a little too costly at $449. It is available in at $150 cheaper than the usual Pixel 6, so we requested you whether or not you’d purchase the Pixel 6a or splash out just a little further on the vanilla Pixel 6. Right here’s the way you voted.
Will you purchase the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6a?
We posted the ballot inside our opinion piece on Could 14, and it attracted simply over 1,000 votes as of writing. The profitable choose? Effectively, 58.68% of respondents mentioned they’d purchase the Pixel 6 over the Pixel 6a.
Reader feedback supporting this stance level to the Pixel 6 having a excessive refresh fee display, extra RAM (8GB versus 6GB), and Gorilla Glass Victus. One remark additionally notes the excessive Pixel 6a worth in a number of markets outdoors the US. Toss in a 50MP foremost digicam, wi-fi charging, and 18W charging and we are able to see why the Pixel 6 could be most popular.
Alternatively, 41.32% of polled readers mentioned they’d purchase the Pixel 6a over the Pixel 6. At the very least one remark notes that the $150 cheaper price ticket outweighs lacking Pixel 6 options like a 90Hz show. In any case, you’re nonetheless getting 5 years of safety updates right here, three OS updates, a cultured digicam expertise, and Pixel-exclusive software program options.
- deltatux: I believe this cellphone is geared toward those that slightly save the US $150 (the hole is wider in different markets) than to spend it for options they could or could not even take care of. Not everybody cares about excessive refresh fee screens or a brilliant stellar digicam, they simply need a good efficiency cellphone with a good digicam at an amazing worth and the 6a matches the invoice. Not everybody goes to see spending the additional US $150 is smart. If I didn’t take care of a greater digicam, I’d have waited for the 6a as a substitute of getting the common 6 tbh.
- simp: USD449 continues to be not that dangerous whenever you have a look at the SGD and AUD costs. Even when they’re inclusive of native taxes, the mark up over forex conversion makes the 6a a non-starter. The state of affairs is made worse when the 4a was a lot cheaper even after forex conversion 2 years in the past (evaluating 4a with 6a costs right here since 5a was solely out there in US and JP).
- Kira: Nope,however the Pixel 6 is little too cheaper,so it solely appears just like the Pixel 6a is little bit costly.
- Brian Simmons: In the end I believe we’ll see the road worth of the P6a fall to $399 inside 3 months of launch like most earlier “overpriced” Pixel telephones have achieved. Traditionally Google has priced the Pixel just a little on the excessive aspect after which been pressured to drop it’s worth after the preliminary surge has handed. Usually the “A” collection telephones have been those priced accurately from the beginning and the common telephones priced too excessive, however Google has swap that this yr. The P6/P6 Professional have been proof against this “regular” worth break as a result of they have been priced accurately from the beginning, however I believe we’ll see it on the a P6a.
- 🇦🇺Marshall: Hmm, 60Hz show, GG3, 18w charging… you’ll be able to actually see the place corners have been minimize to squeeze the Tensor in there. The launch pricing for this cellphone places it perilously near the Galaxy A73 5G… which actually takes a efficiency hit with its SD778G, however is a way more balanced system throughout the spec sheet.