This collection is designed to convey collectively quite a lot of shorter, available podcasts to introduce a subject from latest headlines and encourage dialogue
The Black Friday and Cyber Monday gross sales occasions normally sign the kick-off to the vacation purchasing season for a lot of shoppers. With provide chain points and a lower in in-store purchasing, each retailers and shoppers are approaching the purchasing season in another way this 12 months, many beginning a lot earlier.
Listed below are some 2-4 minute Market podcasts discussing these headlines.
- 11/19 Market Store homeowners rush, like their clients, to buy the vacations early
- 11/26 Market Shoppers, fearful concerning the financial system, maintain spending anyway
- 11/29 Market How will conventional vacation gross sales days fare this 12 months?
Listed below are some Market minute podcasts
- 11/29 Noon Report Cyber Monday anticipated to have few reductions and little development
- 12/1 Closing Bell retail surveys counsel low inventories are holding again gross sales
- 12/10 Morning Briefing Costco studies many toys and seasonal gadgets received’t make it in by Christmas
Decide how a lot time you wish to dedicate to this exercise, and choose podcasts to supply college students with background data.
Have college students then deal with these dialogue questions. This may be achieved individually, in teams, or as a category.
- How have you ever (or your mates/household) approached the vacation purchasing season?
- As extra shoppers have unfold their spending over greater than only a few days and retailers have began their gross sales earlier, do you assume massive gross sales days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday will proceed sooner or later?
- How do you assume provide chain issues for big-ticket gadgets (ex: furnishings or vehicles) have impacted shopper spending on small-ticket gadgets?
If you happen to use this task in your class, please tell us the way it went!
In regards to the Authors
Beth Tallman entered the working world armed with an MBA in finance and completely loved her first profession working in manufacturing and telecommunications, together with a stint abroad. She took benefit of an involuntary separation to strive educating highschool math, one thing she had at all times dreamed of doing. When destiny stepped in as soon as once more, Beth jumped on the chance to mix her ardour for numbers, cash, and training to develop curriculum and train private finance at Oberlin Faculty. Beth now spends her time writing on private finance and monetary training, conducts scholar workshops, and develops finance curricula and academic content material. She can also be the Treasurer of Ohio Bounce$tart Coalition for Private Monetary Literacy.
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning by highschool and school. Together with his information rising alongside NGPF, after graduating from school in 2020, he joined the staff to work full time with a concentrate on trainer onboarding. He’s additionally the editor of the NGPF podcast and makes certain it’s accessible to academics on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play Music. Throughout his free time, he likes to check out coffees from totally different roasters the world over and check out new brewing strategies, regardless that private finance gurus are inclined to warning in opposition to shopping for a cup of joe.