Given instructor’s more and more hectic schedules, we heard in regards to the want for PD that could possibly be accomplished asynchronously. Recording our stay digital PD periods wasn’t a viable choice since it will sacrifice the interactivity and the collaboration that academics inform us are the explanations they attend. As a substitute, NGPF On-Demand modules had been created with these tenets in thoughts:
- Content material information: Deal with deepening instructor content material information in areas they discover most difficult (e.g., investing, taxes, insurance coverage)
- Interactive: Use the Nearpod platform and incorporate 7-10 interactive parts
- Self-paced: Enable academics to tempo themselves with a goal completion time of 1 hour
- Well timed: When attainable, create modules that contact on occasions of the day
Launched in January of 2021, 3900 academics have accomplished greater than 26,000 modules. Superb!
Envelope please…the most well-liked NGPF On-Demand modules for 2021:
- The Energy of Behavior
- $7.25 – The Minimal Wage
- Banking within the twenty first Century
- Fundamentals of Bitcoin
- Constructing Credit score
- Standard Budgeting Strategies & Methods
- Darkish Patterns Are Attempting To Trick You
- Investing For Newcomers
- The Historical past of Racism in Finance
- Budgeting within the Gig Financial system
New to NGPF? Do you know that you simply earn credit with every PD hour you full with NGPF? As you hit 10 hour milestones you earn reward playing cards and NGPF Swag via the NGPF Academy program.
Concerning the Writer
Tim’s saving habits began at seven when a neighbor with a damaged hip gave him a canine strolling job. Her restoration, which took virtually a yr, resulted in Tim attending to know the financial institution tellers fairly nicely (and accumulating a financial savings account steadiness of over $300!). His current entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing government compensation packages for Fortune 500 corporations and serving to households make higher school financing selections. After volunteering in 2010 to create and educate a private finance program at Eastside Faculty Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim noticed firsthand the affect of a fascinating and activity-based curriculum, which impressed him to begin a brand new non-profit, Subsequent Gen Private Finance.