Does private finance training work? Is entry to private finance programs growing or lowering? How did the Florida legislature get behind a invoice that assured all HS college students would take a private finance course? How can academics advocate for monetary training of their college neighborhood? Get solutions to those questions and extra on this particular podcast led by NGPF’s Christian Sherrill. He is joined by Dr. Carly City, Affiliate Professor of Economics at Montana State College, Consultant Demi Busatta Cabrera, a member of the Florida Home of Representatives, and Jen Lehmann, the Chairperson of Enterprise and Expertise at Frank Carey Excessive Faculty in Frank Carey New York. Get pleasure from!
- 0:00~2:01 Introduction
- 2:01~20:57 Dr. Carly City
- 2:01~3:10 Dr. City’s background
- 3:10~3:58 Insights from the report
- 3:58~7:10 Does private finance training work?
- 7:10~11:37 The state of economic training
- 11:37~12:43 Inequity in entry to private finance training
- 12:43~14:16 The price of a private finance commencement requirement
- 14:16~16:01 Grants for implementing private finance training
- 16:01~20:57 Potential impression of federal funding
- 20:57~21:24 A phrase from NGPF
- 21:24~48:47 Panel Dialogue with Dr. Carly City, Rep. Demi Busatta Cabrera, and Jen Lehmann
- 21:24~23:32 Introduction of the panelists
- 23:32~28:30 How the Florida laws got here to fruition
- 28:30~31:05 Implementing a private finance class
- 31:05~34:03 Future analysis on fairness
- 34:03~36:04 Impacts on commencement charges
- 36:04~38:00 What does implementation appear to be in a big college district?
- 38:00~41:29 Recommendation for when pitching concepts to lawmakers
- 41:29~46:00 If you happen to might resolve one false impression about your work, what wouldn’t it be?
- 46:00~48:47 How researchers can use insights from the report