Over at BiggerPockets, all of us have a lot love and respect for our trusted video editor, Joel Esparza. He brings phenomenal work high quality, timing, and communication to each venture he’s on, however many people don’t know his inspiring and actually spectacular backstory.
Joel is initially from Venezuela, which has skilled rampant inflation over the previous decade placing its residents in financial turmoil. Joel went to high school in Argentina and was in a position to go away with out debt because of an inheritance left to him. When he migrated again to Venezuela, he was employed as a video editor for an company making, get this, $20/month. Sure, that’s right, we’re speaking about $240 per YEAR.
This was not an unusual wage for Venezuelans, however by means of sheer luck, Joel was launched to some aspect enterprise that started paying him two to a few occasions the quantity he would make in a single month, in solely two hours. Joel rapidly jumped ship as an worker and started constructing his clientele as a self-employed editor. Now, as the top video editor at BiggerPockets, Joel desires to outsource his enterprise, rent on workers, and transfer in the direction of extra of a management position.
Click on right here to pay attention on Apple Podcasts.
Hearken to the Podcast Right here
Learn the Transcript Right here
Watch the Podcast Right here
Assist us attain new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a score and assessment! It takes simply 30 seconds. Thanks! We actually respect it!
In This Episode We Cowl
- The large monetary struggles of dwelling in Venezuela throughout exceedingly excessive inflation
- Residing as a political refugee in a model new nation on a complete completely different continent
- Utilizing freelance work as a method to considerably improve your revenue
- Beginning partnerships with others in your area who could turn out to be rivals
- Being cognizant of your skilled strengths and utilizing them to get extra shoppers
- Understanding the unit economics behind rising a enterprise and a staff
- And So A lot Extra!